Tuesday, July 31, 2012

New stuff EVERY SINGLE DAY

Babies are crazy.  I wish we continued to learn as much as quickly as babies do. 
This week, Delilah learned to:
*Push herself up to sit from being on her hands and knees crawling.
*Scoot backwards when sitting.
*Push herself up on her feet from a sitting position.  (So her butt is up in the air).
*Clapping.
*Dancing.

She has also recently begun eating small solid foods (like cut up blueberries, bananas, carrots, etc) and is getting really good at picking up the pieces of food with her pointer finger and thumb.  It's fun to watch!  She's working on chewing and is trying to mimic words that I say.  

It's just amazing.  Yesterday, I started singing to her, and she got super excited and started clapping.  It really warmed my heart.  Sometimes, Ben and I just find ourselves watching her in awe.  My heart literally feels like it could burst sometimes.  I can't explain the feeling, I won't even try.  I love her to the moon and back.

I'm going to go do something creative.

Eating carrots!



No comments: