Thursday, August 2, 2012

Really?

Last night, someone who doesn't know me AT ALL had the audacity of telling me that I had no idea how good I have it (in regards to having full coverage insurance).  

Background: I posted a link to an eye doctor in town who has a machine that you can choose to use instead of having your eyes dilated and it's covered by military insurance now.  I felt like the people around here could use that information, and I really like my eye doctor and wanted to give him some business.

So this lady chimes in about how expensive he is and blah blah blah.  I respond that I didn't have to pay anything out of pocket, because as I stated before, military insurance covers it now.  She tells me that her husband is a civilian who works on base and they can't afford vision or dental after all their bills.  (Yeah, that sucks, but then the post wasn't for you, so STFU).  She then tells me that I have no idea how good I have it.

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?

I proceed to put her in her place:
Listen, before you assume to know me or anything about me, let me fill you in.  I have a very serious heart condition that requires me to be seen twice a year and have surgery every 7 years.  I went without insurance for 4 years because no one would cover me or they wanted $500+ a month.  When I got married, I had to have an emergency pacemaker replacement to the tune of $53,000.  Yes, I know how lucky I am.

She never responded.  

Seriously, the nerve of some people really baffles me.

No comments: