Friday, June 23, 2017

Still taking care of business

I've officially decided on a home insurance company.  Let them know, and now we just sign those papers and hand them into the mortgage lender.  Things are moving forward, one step at a time.  Took me about a week to decide between the different companies.  USAA is about to lose our business for auto insurance.  They've quoted us higher on almost everything we've inquired on than any local places.  That's kind of disappointing.  The banking is great, but everything else is running a bit high.

Still waiting to hear about a car.  I've got a guy looking for one for me...so I just have to be patient.  Luckily, my mom is wonderful and doesn't mind lending her car out if I need it. 

3 more sleeps until my birthday!  I can't believe I'll be 32.  I still feel like I haven't been out of college but a couple years.  I wouldn't go back to that point in my life though, I've grown so much and so have my relationships and family.  I'm really thankful for where I am in life right now.  

I said I didn't want anything for my bday, but I did find a pair of Toms I'm in love with...but they can wait.  
For real though, how cute are they?

Delilah woke up very sad this morning.  Being away from Ben is very hard on her.  So many new changes, so much is just flip flopping in her world.  I'm doing my best to keep everything stable, but we really are in limbo right now.  Most I can do is be patient and understanding, and keep things as normal as possible.  It'll be awhile before things are "on track".  We'll be moving into our new house, the twins will come, she'll start school, Ben will be back in the tower, etc...We'll find our groove.  Luckily, we are a pretty lovey family, and we can get through anything.

I've got her using my watercolor paints and being creative right now, it seems to be helping.  She's so my daughter. :)  

This is what she requested for her room.  I happily obliged. 

My little artsy girl. 


Hope everyone's week went great!

No comments: