Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 3

Day 3 of being a "stay at home mom" and so far, so good!
Lilah and I are figuring things out together and getting somewhat of a schedule going and things are going pretty well!

I had a lactation consultant come by today.  I've been using breast shields while she eats, and the experts say that it's not the best thing for the baby...plus, bare breast will be more convenient.  She was really nice and encouraging...unlike the others that I've encountered.  I've been told that using the shields is awful, it's horrible for my baby, I need to get rid of them ASAP...basically no one is being sensitive that I'm a new mom and the shields were given to me by a nurse in the hospital.  Am I supposed to second guess everything?
It's really frustrating figuring things out  and trying to do the best I can and then have these elitists try and make me feel bad.  Have they forgotten what it's like to be a first time mom?
Part of me feels like once people are done being pregnant, done with the first baby, etc...they forget how they felt in those situations.  If they remembered, they wouldn't treat pregnant women and first time moms with such disdain.  Not all advice/comments are needed.

I'm working on getting the house back together after coming back from MO.  Laundry is almost totally done, and just working on the clutter now.  I've got a desk in the garage that I'd like to strip and paint either turquoise or robin's egg blue and set up in the dining room for crafts.  I got a cricut for Christmas, and I can't wait to start.  I'm making Lilah's baby book and also a book called 365 Days of Delilah, documenting her in pictures for every day for her first year.  I can't wait to get started!

day 1
day 25


No comments: