Sunday, January 8, 2012

Week one and done



Week one at home is over, and I think it went pretty well.

Had a rough night on Friday...Delilah screamed for about 2.5 hours straight...and I was functioning on about 2 hours of sleep (just from being so busy).  Finally, I gave her some gas medicine and she was able to calm down. I had no idea!  I think the deli meat I had eaten for lunch the past couple days was upsetting her stomach.  I've been giving her meds at almost every feeding, and last night was really calm!  I also think she was frustrated at the change from breast shield to bare breast.  We're doing much better though and we only used the shield once yesterday!  (and it was the early morning feeding and she was still gassy)

Had people over yesterday, Ben and the dude enjoyed some beers, some of which the guy actually brewed in his garage.  His wife is really nice too, and I enjoyed visiting with her.  She's a quiet person, but has a lot to say if you're listening.

Ben got me a kindle fire for Christmas, and so far, I've already finished 2 books and am halfway through another!  Water for Elephants is fantastic, so is The Help.  I got WFE from Netflix and it stayed pretty close to the book (which I appreciate).  I've got The Help here now, and hopefully we'll watch that tonight.  It's so easy to just feed Lilah and read at the same time.  No pages to turn, no heavy or awkward book to hold and balance with one hand.

Still waiting on getting the desk moved from the garage into the house.  I would love to start working on some new crafty crafts!

1 comment:

ashley said...

she is so adorable! wish i could have met her when you guys were in town (and have seen you as well!).

.ashley.