Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Busy busy busy

Been quite busy lately.  Lots of stuff going on.  Here's a rundown:

*My great-uncle got very sick suddenly and was in the hospital unable to talk.  Mom had this urgency to go see him, so we drove up that night.  We talked to him, and he knew who we were and understood what we were saying.  I told him that I loved him and to get back home so we could come visit again.  Within the week, he passed away.  As sad as I am, I'm so thankful that I got to see him one last time.  I'm glad he met Delilah, and I'm glad I got to tell him I loved him.  They're still trying to find out what caused him to pass. 
*I've been going to trivia night with a group of friends once a week.  I'd love to put where, because it's really a fun place, but I have some actual crazy people that read my blog, and I honestly don't want them to know where I go.  
*I've got 2 friends getting married within a year (October and March).  Ben and I are in both weddings!  Delilah is the flower girl in one of them.  I'm so excited and happy for all of them, and I can't wait to celebrate.  
*Working on getting our passports...it's such a darn process.  It's all coming together though.
*I got baptized and joined the church that I've been attending!  It was an awesome experience and I'm so glad that I did it.  I've really been growing and learning a lot in the church and I feel really at home there.  
*Delilah is saying more and more words every single day.  She can say more words than what's typical for her age, and can sign most of them as well as some that she can't say.  She communicates so well, and I'm just so proud of how smart she is.
*My computer died on me.  I was going to just wait around, use my phone, not worry about it...but Ben had me go out and get myself a new one today.  A brand new one.  A Mac.  He really takes care of me.  Delilah and I are so lucky to have him.  
*I ran a 5K!  I did it!  I am so incredibly proud of myself.  Ran the entire time and had a blast doing it.  It was the color run on the 1st of this month.  What a freaking fantastic time.  I'm looking to do some more!
*I'm getting a Bountiful Baskets started for Harrisonville. If you don't know what it is, you should.  http://www.bountifulbaskets.org



Picture updates:

painted this for a Disney redditgifts exchange

Pre-race. We were ready.


The three team runners!


Victory beers!

Part of my anniversary present.  The other part was a Keurig!

For my sister-in-law's birthday.

Sidewalk chalk paint. Easy to make.

She's such a cuddler!

Started a series of paintings pink+gray for Delilah's future room

Day at the park!

This dog loves her.

These two...they are just so adorable. He loves her so much, and she loves him!

Part of the wall of paintings for D's future room in Germany.






She got into my BRAND NEW lipstick.  When I caught her with it, she smiled and then signed "pretty" to me.  She was right, so I couldn't be mad!

Outside on her play set

Facetime with Daddy!

Completely unintentional-my footprint and she happened to step right next to it.



Trash bag couture.


Got baptized and joined my church!

Delilah and Mom were there to see me baptized!

Another beautiful day in my life.  I'm so blessed.

My beautiful, wonderful, smart, awesome daughter.


No comments: