Monday, May 26, 2014

Another week, more fun, and more food!

Saturday officially marked our ONE MONTH anniversary of being in our house.  It really doesn't feel like it has been that long, and we are finally at the point where we can have people over.  (Minus the boxes by the second balcony that I can't lift and get in the attic...)  
We had our friends and their kids over on Saturday and it was a fabulous time.  We played some video games, drank mojitos (ok, the boys drank whiskey and rum), and played catchphrase.  Amanda's sons are so sweet.  They play with Delilah and they actually all laid down in the living room and watched Lady and the Tramp.  It was incredibly sweet.  


I've been having allergy issues.  My throat is super scratchy and sometimes my left eye will just burrrrrrn and itch.  It's so frustrating.  I'd take medicine, but anything stronger than ibuprofen just kinda messes with my body.  Even after surgeries, I've not taken the medicine I've been prescribed because I don't like that swimmy vision and haze and confusion.  I'll deal.  

We went to a carnival tonight in Kaiserslautern.  It was OK, but they claimed to have 140 vendors...it was really like 5 different vendors and then there were 28 booths of each, all food.  We were expecting something like crafts/housewares/etc...but that just wasn't it.  It was fun though, and Delilah got to ride some kiddie rides, so all in all, it wasn't a bust.  If Ben hadn't been on call this weekend, we would have gone to the Black Forest.  There was one mission that kept getting cancelled and he had to go in for a couple hours Saturday, Sunday, AND today.  So it wasn't easy to do anything this weekend.
Just a random building in Kaiserslautern

This was painted on the side of a kid's bathroom at the carnival....

HUGE ferris wheel!


This week is the end of swim class for Delilah, and that kinda stinks because it gave us an excuse to get out and go do something productive.  I think we will keep going swimming though.  It isn't very much and she loves it so much. I love it that she isn't afraid of the water.  Perhaps on the days we don't go swimming, I'll take her over to the next village and run with her in the jogging stroller through the main strip.  I've got to keep myself on track.  It's been hard lately with not feeling well and the rain.

Ok, here's the upcoming week's meal plan: 
(PS. My landlord ordered the part to fix my oven, so I'll be able to branch out more when that's fixed!)

Lunch:
Wraps with mustard and turkey with mixed veggies
Quinoa salad (corn, tomato, avocado, and salt) with a smoothie
Grilled cheese and frozen peas (I don't know why, she loves them more when they are frozen...)
PB and honey (a must have each week) and string cheese
Boiled eggs with veggies and triscuts
Leftovers with blueberries

Snacks:
Hummus and veggies
edamame
String cheese&pretzels
Dried fruit
Apple Slices

Dinner:

So there you have it, folks.  I'm gonna stick with it again this week.  Makes life just a bit easier.  

I'm off to watch some True Blood. 

xoxo

No comments: