Thursday, November 11, 2010

Another day in my life.

Today was actually a really nice day. Lynell and I only had 3 kids most of the day at the daycare, so we got our Christmas decorations made and ready.  After yesterday, a day of mostly silence was completely welcomed. 

Had to go to Wal-mart and get some more Christmas cards.  Yes, I've already used 36, and I haven't even started on my East Coast family or the people in Cannon. UGH. 

Just got back from a walk with the dogs and heard some really weird noise coming from outside the fence behind base housing.  It sounded like someone was being hurt.  Looked like there was a house nearby, so I had Ben look up the sheriff's dept number and called them to check it out.  It may sound silly and it may be nothing, but I would hate to find out that something was going on and I just brushed it off.  I'd much rather be safe than sorry.  An officer just came by my house and I described where I heard and he went off to investigate it.  He was really nice too, I'm sure it was nothing, but it's really good that he wasn't all grumpy with me.  Very different from the other Clovis police officers I've encountered!

Tonight: it's time to address Christmas cards and make myself some chicken Pad Thai.  YUM!

No comments: