Monday, April 25, 2011

Another GREAT weekend.

Friday, we went out with some friends to Kelly's.  At first, it was a little awkward because I hadn't seen some of these people in quite awhile, but after awhile it was just fine.  I realized how lucky I am to A. Not be single in Clovis and B. Not be single and desperate enough to try to find a one night stand on the dance floor at Kelly's. Seriously...these people were REALLY desperate.  Ick.

Saturday, we woke up and needed to run a couple errands in town.  This turned into an antique shop adventure and we visited a few shops here in town.  First shop was my favorite because we found these 2 gems:



Cutest owls ever, right?  The cookie jar is actually from the 60s.  It's proudly displayed in my kitchen now, along with the salt and pepper shakers!

Saturday night, we spent the evening watching Twin Peaks on Netflix and just hanging out with one another.  It's one of our favorite past times.

Sunday, I woke up around 9:30am and came out into the living room.  The kitchen was clean spotless, the living room was picked up, and I had a giant Easter basket waiting for me on the counter.
Yeah, I have the best husband ever.
I made a roast cooked in beef broth with red potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery with a strawberry triffle for dessert.  So wonderful!  We had some of Ben's coworkers over for dinner, and there were NO leftovers.

This week at work, I only have 3 work days, and 2 of them are with kids.  Today, I was blessed in having 2 of our most difficult children stay at home for some reason.  I know it won't be the same tomorrow, but it was a nice way to come back on a Monday!

I'm off to get ready for bed.  The pets are all sprawled out after running around the house with me playing with the rope toy.

No comments: