Saturday, April 30, 2011

Frightmare Weekend so far

So far, this has been an amazing trip. 

Today:

Woke up, and had a warm breakfast at the hotel.  Actually managed to get everyone up and moving, even if it was a bit slow going.  Didn't make it to the convention at the time I wanted (didn't think that would happen), and it took us some time to figure out which line we needed to be in.  Once the doors opened, the long line I was standing in turned into nothing as I was ushered inside in less than a minute.  I immediately made haste to Malcolm McDowell's line, which I got into with hardly anyone in front of me.  Ben and I were pretty lucky.  We got our copy of A Clockwork Orange signed, and got to take pictures with him.  It was really cool meeting someone so famous, and someone that was in one of my favorite movies.  I was pretty ecstatic. 
After that, Mary, Sam, and I went around wandering through the crowds.  We ended up spotting Brian Austin Green (who I've become a fan of since Desperate Housewives).  The line to see him was pretty long, but somehow, Sam just jumped in front of everyone and we got to take a picture with him.  The people at their table were really nice and not charging for pictures.  They said they just wanted to meet fans and promote the movie.  Pretty awesome!
After that, we wandered some more and decided to head back to the hotel and then go get lunch.  When we got back, we went straight back to the convention so that we could get a picture with Cary Elwes and have him sign our copy of The Princess Bride.  We were standing in line, and someone had come around saying that if we wanted to go get autographs from someone else in the room, we could skip the line and get to Cary quicker.  Mary decided to follow him and then just got in line to see Cary.  She ran back and grabbed us and we ended up somehow cutting like 30 people in line to see him.  I have no idea how we didn't get stopped, but luck must have been on our side.  I got my movie signed, and Ben and I got a picture with him.  It was wonderful.  He also wrote, "As you wish" on my movie and signed the actual DVD.  I was overwhelmed with happiness.  Yet again, we got to meet someone we wanted to quickly and without any trouble!
We headed downstairs and Mary, Sam, and I got in line to meet the boys from The Boondock Saints.  They were all REALLY nice and took pictures with us. 
Finally, we were ready to leave, when all of a sudden...Anchor Bay productions started giving away these sharktopus stuffed animals I had been trying to get ALL day.  Ben and Landon ran over to see if they were going to throw them out, but they were asking trivia.  No one was getting it, and then they asked, "What are two celebrities that die in Scream 4?"  Landon screamed out 2 celebrities from the movie and WON!  I got my toy, and funny thing is, he didn't even see the movie! 

I have officially done everything at Frightmare that I wanted to do.

Tonight, we're going to medieval times, and then possibly going to a midnight showing of The Human Centipede.  I'm sure it'll give me nightmares.

How wonderful!

No comments: