Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sometimes I can't help looking at the ultrasound picture.  It almost feels unreal that I have a little life growing inside me.  I've taken all kinds of steps to make sure that my body is a safe environment for the little one already.  I've given up caffeine (week 2), sushi (immediately), I've been drinking more milk (luckily I've been craving it), I've been taking my prenatal vitamins, drinking more water (even though I have to pee ALL THE TIME), stopped drinking my herbal tea (not supposed to be good for the baby), and have been staying away from medicines.

I've given up a lot, but it doesn't feel like I have.  It just feels natural to want to make sure that things are as perfect as they can be for my little baby.  It's unbelievable that in a couple weeks (hopefully) I may be able to feel him/her move around.  I'm sure I'll cry the first time.

So far, I like being pregnant.  I feel different, but in a very good way.  It's hard to explain.  I'm the most important thing in the world to my baby right now, and that's a heady feeling.  I can't wait to continue on in this journey!

No comments: