Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The good...and the ugly.

I'm totally loving this 5 day weekend that I got, by accident!  I called in on Friday because I was scared to drive in the weather, and then school was cancelled on Monday and Tuesday!

Yesterday, Mom and I made sugar cookies and decorated some of them.  Today, I got the urge to bake again and made:

Nutella Sandwich Cookies
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup oats
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
Nutella

Bake at 375 for 5-7 minutes.
Beat butter and sugars.  Add egg and vanilla until smooth.
Pour in all dry ingredients and mix.  
Roll into teaspoon balls, flatten into circles.
Once they come out of the oven and are cool, spread Nutella on the bottoms and top with another cookie! 
ENJOY!
Sugar cookies with homemade drizzle
(1 1/2 cup powdered sugar with 3 tablespoons of milk.  For the chocolate, I added a spoonfull of unsweetened cocoa powder)

Quite a fun day, if you ask me!  I've got the baking bug, and it's been a lot of fun!

And now...the ugly...

Remember when I wrote about my psycho cousin and my ridiculous aunt?  Well, here's the new situation:

Cousin (who is still married to her baby's daddy...the one who left her for the female counterpart that they were swinging with...is on  her second relationship with some man in his 30s with 2 kids and is still married himself) is pregnant with new boyfriend's baby.  
Doesn't that sound like a Jerry Springer episode to you?  Maybe Maury?  Montel?  Well, any of those trashy tv shows that trash get onto.  
Maybe this will help rope him into staying with her.  Didn't work with her husband...second time's a charm?  

My aunt is really excited, of course, because this is one of the few things she has left in life (other than "dating" her ex who left her for someone else and is letting that someone else live in the house that my aunt shared with him for at least 10 years).  

Mom asked me if I felt upset at all, and I thought, "Why would I feel upset?"  I have:
1. A husband who takes care of me and has a fantastic career.
2. A mom who is wonderful and supportive and strong.
3. A beautiful little girl on the way.
4. A drive for success.
5. A college education.
6. A warm home.
7. A stable environment.  
8. Common sense and the knowledge of right vs wrong.
9. A wonderful relationship with God.
10. Family and friends that love me through thick and thin.

What more could I want?  No reason for me to get upset at this girl and her poor life.  I just pity her daughter and future child.  Her daughter has been through so much already...been exposed to goodness knows what...and I just hope that this new baby won't have to.  

Ending on a happy note:
I'm making Lemon Chicken tonight!  I'll post the recipe if it turns out delish!




No comments: