Thursday, August 16, 2012

The days are getting slimmer

Anytime something bugs me here, I remind myself that I only have a few short months left, and then I'll be with family for a year...and then my little family will be at a new base.  I'm up for changes, I'm up for adventure, I'm up for new friends.

Ben reenlisted yesterday for 4 more years.  Luckily, his 5 year mark slid in right before they took a big portion of his reenlistment bonus away.  I'm not sure how long the USAF will keep his job field bonus low, but I'm thankful we were able to sign up for the bigger one!  






We are all very proud of him.

Nothing really exciting is going on.  I'm looking to get some running shoes and start the couch 2 5K program.  I'm happy with my body, but I've always wanted to be able to run.  After many years of not being able to due to my heart (and made to feel inferior by many gym teachers...), I want to do this!  I remember one gym teacher in high school didn't believe me that I had a heart condition.  I wasn't even trying to get out of running, just letting her know that it took me a bit longer because MY HEART BEATS HALF OF WHAT IT SHOULD.  She didn't believe me and actually had me run extra laps.  I was furious.  I saw her after my first pacemaker surgery and showed her my scar.  Her eyes got wide and she slinked away without saying another word.  I was glad that I showed her.  Sometimes people do tell the truth...

Well, it's actually late, so I'm going to go put some blankets in the dryer and get to bed.

I'll leave you with some adorable pictures:

Fresh fruit (blueberries, mangos, cherries, peaches, etc...) for breakfast every morning.

Playtime!

In Daddy's strong arms!

Has it really been 8 months?!

Big girl is standing and using the furniture to move around!





No comments: