Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sorry for the long pause!

Found out some exciting news last week...after Ben returns from Korea in Jan of 2014, we will be heading to Germany!  Yes, we are finally getting out of this dirty small town...hopefully for good!  I've been getting together all the places I want to go when we get there.  I minored in History in college, and I'm finally going to be able to go and visit all the places I've read and studied about.  I'm so so so excited.  I've started a board on pinterest of all the places, so if you follow me there, you can see where all I will be wanting to travel!

Ben took us to Santa Fe for a short getaway last week. We needed to get out of town for a bit.  It was so nice to just go out and have fun with my little family.  I'm so happy, I could just burst.

I got an idea yesterday while at Walmart.  Since they can't ever keep their shelves stocked, I decided to start taking pictures of the empty shelves so I could send them in to the corporate office.  The managers at this store ignore the complaints and requests to keep normal products like dog food in stock, so maybe with proof, corporate will do something about it.  Here are a couple I took yesterday.






Here are some I took today:











So I posted it to one of the groups I'm in on facebook and got a lot of support...except from one person.  This person has been known to make a few tirades on the group and making a mountain out of a mole hill.  Well, I was basically told that I just shouldn't shop at Walmart and that I could just get everything I need by making 3 stops at 3 different stores.  While I would LOVE to do that, I have a baby, one car, and a husband that works a 2-2-2 schedule.  It is not easy to get out to the store, and I'm usually by myself...so 3 stops at 3 stores for supplies isn't easy.  She then told me that she is the busiest person that she knows, so my statements were null in void.  Ok.  So I just simply deleted the post and redid it so I wouldn't have to continue with her asinine replies.  
From what I've seen on that particular group, about 70% of people are on there to either gossip or blow things out of proportion.  I wish it was a more helpful group.  When I post, I'm either sharing information about town or Key Spouse events or giving recommendations on various places in town...all positive!  

ANYWAY

Ben and I ordered running shoes yesterday. It's time that I start exercising.  I haven't worked out since I was about 3 months pregnant.  I'm not unhappy with how I look, because I am back to about a pound below my pre pregnancy weight, but I'm ready to start getting healthier.  I eat healthy, I might as well exercise too!  My shoes are teal and white and are ADORABLE.  Ben helped me pick out ones that would be good for running...because I know nothing about it!

I ordered Delilah a winter hat from my amazing friend at KeiMei Knits.  
Here are some pics of her wearing it:







I can't help but say that she is the prettiest baby that ever was.  

1 comment:

Cindy Friend said...

Oh I see now! Love this post! I think that your Walmart post is awesome! Nay to the nay sayers I say. And how can anyone know how busy another person is and how can they claim to be the busiest?