Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Starting anew.

It's been over 4 months since I last wrote an entry.  I honestly was going through a lot, and I couldn't find the words to express how I was feeling...and I also didn't want to share  lot of that with the world.  At the same time, I couldn't write about my life without skipping over a lot of what was going on, so I just decided to take a break from blogging.

I'm a refocused and am taking charge of my life again.  I'm living in Germany with my family right now, and our travels (and my domestic side) are going to be the focus of the blog.  Occasionally, I'll put in some personal insight or opinions on things, but for the most part, I'd just like to focus on traveling Europe, household DIY projects, and meal planning for my family.

This week, I started a firm meal planning routine.  Too easily, I let Ben distract me from my schedule of what I'm making for meals, and I'd really rather just keep to it.  In an effort, I'll be posting my weekly meal plans (including snacks) on this blog.  I'll take pictures (although I forgot to the last 2 meals.  whoops).  

Breakfasts:
Nutella pancakes
Yogurt and dry cereal (Delilah's fav is Cracklin' Oat Bran)
Fresh fruit
Cereal+toast
Whole grain blueberry waffles

Lunches:
Egg+cheese quesedillas
Pasta tossed with olive oil+spices
Pinwheels+veggie
Grilled cheese sandwich 
Peanut butter and banana quesedillas

Dinners:
Chicken burrito bowls
Chicken fingers and quinoa salad
Homemade tomato soup w/ grilled cheese sandwiches
Quinoa patties w/ sweet potato fries
Ziti bake

Snacks:
Whole grain crackers
Parmesan goldfish
Grapes
Broccoli
Cauliflower 
Apple
Avocado
Fruit snack

We've had the quinoa patties and the tomato soup for supper.  Both were GREAT.  I think I'll double the quinoa recipe next time so I can freeze some of the patties for later or save some for lunch the next day.  

This weekend, we are hopefully going to do a bit of traveling, so I'll have some pictures to share.  

That's all for now!

No comments: