Tuesday, June 7, 2011

15 Weeks Today!

The little baby growing inside me is 15 weeks old.  I can't wait to start feeling the baby move around.  I just CAN'T WAIT!

I have been looking for more resources around where we're living now, and there just aren't any.  There are some on base, but nothing like there is in KC.  I will wish until I'm blue in the face that we lived somewhere else. I know it's wearing on both Ben and myself.  Driving the same dirty roads past the same broken down houses day after day.  I'd love to be around my friends and more scenery.  Ah well.  Gotta stay positive.  We won't be here forever.

My simple journal entry for today:



Speaking of CI, the other teachers are noticing the things that I noticed last year.  The director homeschools her kids.  Now, don't get me wrong, homeschooling is a viable option for some families if the parent is committed and knows what they are doing.  Frankly, the director doesn't know what she's doing.  She buys insanely expensive curriculum for each child, and her daughter doesn't know how to read.  (She's in 2nd grade).  I understand wanting to keep the kids "safe" from public school, but she's keeping them from knowing how to interact with other adults and children.  They are rude, disrespectful, and don't follow any rules.  One said that he didn't have to because his mom was the director.  HA!  Her youngest boy was running through a crowd of parents bouncing one of those small rubber balls and almost hit a bunch of people.  He was supposed to be sitting down with his group.  I came up to him and took his ball and told him that he needed to sit with his group and not run through the group.  The director said, "Oh, Danielle, that's my son."  Like I shouldn't get on to him or something?  I said, "Yes, I know, but I think that he needs to go sit down and stop running around because he's tripping people."  She told him to obey me and then smiled in a sweet sick way at me.  I wanted to smack that smile off her face.
I can only hope that when I have my child, his/her manners will be better than that.  I know they will be, because Ben and I have manners.

No comments: