Monday, June 20, 2011

I stink at the journaling thing, but here's why...

I AM HAVING A BABY GIRL!  Yes, soon, I will have a daughter, and I couldn't be more happy!

We went to Miracle in Progress and got an early ultrasound done (I'm 16 weeks and 6 days as of today) to check the gender.  If we waited for my next doctor's appointment, my mom and Mary would have 1 week to plan the baby shower around the gender.  Plus, now I can register for specific stuff.

ANYWAY, it was a totally amazing experience.  We go into this big room, and it's really nice and dimly lit.  There are 2 couches in there for visitors to come in with you for the experience.  There is a large bed (not the hospital bench things you lay on in the doctor's office) and right in front is a giant projector screen on the wall.  I don't have to look at a small monitor, I can see my baby on the big screen!  So we're checking everything out and the tech tells me that my baby has a very strong heartbeat.  I'm not ashamed to say that this made me tear up a bit, especially because I could SEE her heart beating when I was told that.  I had eaten before going in hopes of getting the baby to move around so we could have better luck checking the gender, but she was relatively calm.  The tech showed me that her belly was full, and then the baby started to suck on her fingers and yawned really big, stretched and then settled in!  I think she was about to take a nap.  It was absolutely amazing to see!  I was nervous that we wouldn't be able to see the gender, but the tech tapped on my belly and got a shot (after the baby finally moved her little feet out of the way).  Definitely a girl!

It is so real.  I am just so excited!

No comments: