Monday, October 31, 2011

I took the day off.

After such a long week (tiring of work and some people who work there), I decided to take a day off.

After work on Wednesday, I came home completely exhausted and was barely able to finish making dinner.  I didn't realize how tired I was until I was doing dishes and felt like I was going to fall over.  I went to bed early.

Thursday was OK at work, but the power at our house was out all day.  Ben was super frustrated because it was his day off and wanted to play his new Xbox game.  I was super frustrated because it snowed and this happens EVERY YEAR on the first snowfall.  This AFB just does quick fixes and puts everyone out year after year.  By the time I got home, the power still wasn't on, so we went into town to get dinner.  Still nothing when we got back, and we were told it wouldn't be on until 10pm or MAYBE tomorrow morning.  GREAT.  So we went over to a friend's house and he and Ben played the game over there while I watched Scream 4.
We finally decided to go home and just go to bed.  Not much else we really could do at this point.  I didn't want to stay at someone's house.  I was brushing my teeth and all of a sudden, the power came back on!  10:48pm.  We blew out the candles we had lit to be able to see in the house, and I promptly went to bed.

I got to sleep in until 9am this morning, and wake up when I woke up, not to an alarm, and I'm feeling much better already.  I think I just needed to catch up on some sleep.  I haven't been going to bed early like I was before, so I think I need to start doing that again...at least while I'm still working.

Today, aside from relaxing, I'm going to pick up the house a little bit (snow+New Mexico=dirt and leaves in the house), and then work on Delilah's nursery letters.  I finally got it figured out what I want to do.  I'm super excited!

No comments: