Thursday, May 11, 2017

Early Mother's Day surprise!

Ben and Delilah decided to surprise me with an early Mother’s Day gift (since he’ll be in Norway on actual Mother’s Day).  They kept it a big secret (Delilah is so good at secret keeping), and I still had no idea what was going on up until the last minute!  

We left the house and did our errands, picked up pizza and drove to a friend’s house.  Now, at this point I’m thinking that maybe he’s gotten a babysitter and all the kids are hanging out while we go out…and before I thought we (the 3 of us) were going to go see a movie together…but then we walk in the house and he says, “Ok, now you and Krissy go enjoy lunch at Ayame and get a pedicure after.  Kids are here with us.  Love you!”  It was honestly such a sweet surprise to get away and just do something for ME, which I rarely do, and I know that he’s so appreciative at all the work I’ve put in with the move, finding a car, finding a house, etc…on top of just normal day to day stuff. It’s just nice to be appreciated.  I’m going to have to figure out something really special for him on Father’s Day, even though we will be apart. 

So after over 4 years, I had a pedicure. My feet look great. I have mermaid toes.  

Now it’s just Delilah and I for a few days, and it brings me back to the year apart in Korea and the 2 months apart during his training in 2014, and it’s strange but familiar.  

Having a garage sale this weekend, and anything we don’t sell is getting donated.  I’m not bringing more stuff to another house that I don’t want.  No more junk.  No more unnecessary stuff.  I want what we need/want in the new house.  

Now I’m currently almost falling asleep as I type this, so I need to go do my bedtime routine, stretch, and read until I fall asleep.  Hope everyone had an excellent week and wakes up to a beautiful Friday!!!

No comments: