Monday, July 4, 2011

A few thoughts in my head.

1. If you're not going to wear sunscreen, don't complain and whine when you get a massive sunburn.  It's freaking July, people.  Wearing sunscreen so you're not in pain isn't rocket science.  Gosh.  Also, please put it on your kids.  If you think it's uncomfortable, it's super painful for them too.  Responsibility!

2. Fact: (1) Something that actually exists (2) Something that is known to exist or to have happened (3) Truth known by actual experience or observation, something known to be true. Something that can be proven true.
  Opinion: (1) A belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty. (2) A person view, attitude, or appraisal.

Do I really need to lay it out like this for some people?  Fact is something that can be proven true.  Opinion is something that you believe yourself, you could be right, you could be wrong.  If people don't agree with you exactly, remember that you are not spouting fact. (Especially when it comes to child rearing, fashion, food, health, relationships, etc...)  Just an FYI.

3. I know a lot about our neighbors just by walking the dogs everyday, and I realized this when I brought Ben along with us the other day.  I'm also known as "The dog walking lady".  I've been referenced by that at least 2 times in town by people that recognize me from the neighborhood.  No, I'd never seen these people before in my life.  I'm OK with this title.  I'm active.  Soon, I'll be "The dog walking lady with a baby".  I'm OK with that too.

4. Most of the people on the Cannon Wives page on facebook are really bored housewives with no education who spout off information without checking it first.  That is why I choose to ask my questions elsewhere.


Anyway, on to other things.

I love my new maternity skirt and shorts.  They are so much more comfy than wearing the beband.

We're going to a fireworks display tonight!  Hopefully, people will just go to that instead of setting them off in the country or even in their neighborhoods.  It's rained 3 times here this year, and the wildfires have been out of control.  I'm OK with no fireworks anyway.  They freak me out.

No comments: