Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Wooooo 5 month check up!




Ben and I had our 5 month ultrasound and check up today!  

First thing she checked was the gender, and yes, she is definitely a girl!  Her heart looks perfect and the heart rate is 157.  Checked the cord, spine, arms, legs, brain, face, stomach, fluids, etc, and the doctor says that everything is right on track and she looks perfectly healthy.  I got my blood drawn and tested last month, and everything came back normal!  We got a dvd of the ultrasound, and luckily, she was moving around most of the time.  She sucked on her fingers and her arm at the end, I think she was getting tired.  (She's not tired right now, because she's kicking me!)  

It was really cool to see her movements AND feel them at the same time.  The other night, I actually felt one with my hand.  Very slight, but soon, Ben will be able to!  

We'll be coming home in a few days and I can't wait to see everyone!

_______________________

Talked to Aimee and Mary today (3 way call) and had a total rant about some stuff, and it felt AWESOME to get it out in the open.

______________________

I'm also doing really well in ignoring people's advice for me while pregnant.  Everything that I'm doing, I do for a reason.

There are plenty more things that I've gotten "advice" about, and it's all pretty annoying.  A lot of moms think that they know everything as soon as they squeeze the kid out.  Knowing it all and having an experience are 2 different things, let's remember that, folks.  Usually, I wouldn't mind this constant barrage of unsolicited knowledge being thrust at me, but it's hard to take in large doses and hard to take when my own thoughts and feelings are being tossed aside as if I don't have any idea what I'm talking about.  It's ok, I've actually talked to a lot of people, looked up a lot, and talked to my doctors, so I am on the right track.



No comments: