Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Move forward.

Something that drives me crazy:
People who constantly post updates on FB complaining about stuff.
People who constantly post updates on FB with stupid stuff their kids do. (Some is OK, but most of what people post isn't worthy of a laugh.)
People who constantly bring up stuff that has happened YEARS ago to try to reconnect with people.

I just have to roll my eyes sometimes.

Add to the cleaning list:
*Use Magic Eraser on all doors
*Vacuum all furniture and floors
*mop all floors

Heck yeah, I'm pretty awesome. 

Ben and I are trying to watch the Best Picture nominees before the Oscars. 
Here are the nominees:
Black Swan*
The Fighter
Inception*
The Kids Are All Right
The King's Speech
127 Hours
The Social Network
Toy Story 3*
True Grit*
Winter's Bone
*Depicts a movie that I have seen

Out of the movies I have seen, I don't think I could pick a Best Picture.  Each film displays a completely different story/emotion for me. 
With Black Swan, I loved the way that the visual effects drew me in right away and the use of color depicted the characters.  The dark twists and turns that it took kept me entranced in "another dance film".  It wasn't about the dance, it was about perfection and the ever creeping madness hiding right under some of us.
Inception effected me deeply after the film.  I couldn't stop talking about the ending and whether or not the top fell.  In my opinion (only because I like happy endings), the top fell.  I would like to watch it again to catch the subtle clues that I'm sure I missed the first time around. 
Toy Story 3.  After typing that, I shook my head.  That movie moved me, brought out the child in me, and reduced me to tears at the end.  Any animated film conveying that much emotion deserves to be nominated for Best Picture. 
True Grit was a western that actually intrigued me.  I think that in most cases, men get better with age.  Jeff Bridges is one of the few men in Hollywood actually worth watching in every movie he is in.  I can't think of a single move that he has been in that hasn't kept me entertained throughout.  The story moved at a decent pace, my only issue was that the trailer gave away a lot of the plot, so I knew what was going to happen.  The ending tugged at my heart, not because it was sad, but because it was the end.

So there are some of my reviews.  Hopefully I'll get to see some more before Oscar night!

No comments: