Sunday, November 6, 2011

Some thoughts on this beautiful Sunday

I almost left my job on Friday.  Has nothing at all to do with me being pregnant and being tired, it has everything to do with the person that I work with in the classroom.  It's very frustrating having a degree in teaching, and not having a teaching position...while having to watch someone with a classroom be so incredibly lazy and not do any teaching.  I am tired of hearing about her personal problems, I'm tired of her not teaching the kids on a daily basis, and I'm tired of being expected to do more just because I have a degree.  If I was getting paid to do that, then I would, but I'm not.  I'm not going to do her job and get no credit or compensation for it.  I did that last year and was walked all over.  It is very frustrating.  Once I leave, I'm going to report all of it to the principal.  It isn't fair to the kids (who are in the school because they need extra help), and it's not fair to the people that work in this person's room.  Other people have actually said that they would leave the school if they had to work in the room with her.  I don't know why people like this are allowed to keep their jobs when they don't do it.

After Friday, I really needed that prenatal massage (thanks for the gift certificate!).  We went to Lubbock yesterday and it was absolutely amazing.  I had a female masseuse.  They had a heated bed that you lay on, and you stay covered up the whole time.  I had my neck, shoulders, and back worked on.  For the back, I laid on my side, and it felt awesome!  The room was dim and there was soft music, and it was just exactly what I needed.  I think I'd like one for the rest of this month!  I'd never had a massage before, and it was definitely worth it.  I'd like to go in after Delilah is here to get a full one, including legs and feet.  Can't do that now because there are muscles there that if triggered can send you into labor early!

Finished the first letter of Delilah's nursery letters today.  PHEW.  I'm being so picky with them, it's taking forever.  I've made my way through Vampire Diaries season 1 and almost 2 working on them.  That's a lot of hours spent painting.


We're taking our maternity pictures today with the lovely Megan Haney Photography.  I'm so excited about it.  I'm not getting all dressed up, just jeans and a thermal.  Very relaxed.  I wanted to get the first letter done though so that we could add that into the pictures.

I feel really lucky that I haven't been craving anything too crazy...mostly just fruits and veggies.  Honestly, I think a lot of women use being pregnant as an excuse to just go crazy and eat junk.  You aren't eating for 2, you only need about 300 extra calories.  I haven't been counting any calories, but I also haven't been eating a bunch of crap.  I've been eating what I want when I'm hungry, drinking lots of water, and going on daily walks.  I think that it has kept me able to keep working and being active.
Speaking of working, I don't know why people are so surprised that I'm still working.  I'm pregnant, not disabled.  I want to keep going as long as I can, especially because I'm not coming back to work after.

Anyway, I'm off.  Gotta go get ready to have pictures taken!

No comments: