Kids are taking the science portion of the test today. Some of the questions are actually difficult. I had to really stop and think about it. Of course, it’s been 7 years since I was in a science class that wasn’t biology.
Things that I will NOT miss about Clovis, NM:
- The high gusts of non-stop wind. Seriously…do I really need 55mph wind on my coifed hair?
- The smell of: the cow farms and the factories. One of them near the highway sometimes smells like cat urine. BLECH.
- The high number of illegal immigrants.
- The lack of stop signs at 4 way stops.
- The stick tights in the grass.
- Red dirt.
- DRY DRY DRY weather.
- The lack of restaurants.
- The lack of shopping, unless you want to drive 2 hours.
Things that I WILL miss about Clovis, NM:
- A certain few people I’ve met while here.
- My job.
- American roads.
Ok, it’s seriously sad that I can only think of 4 things…and 2 of them aren’t just for Clovis…It really is true that the people you meet make your experience what it is.
Things I will miss doing with people here in Clovis:
- Having Thursday night dinner/TV with Brandon and Alexis.
- BBQs in the summer at Colsie and Cooper’s.
- Friday night dinner/movie with Pete and Barnes.
- Wine nights with the ladies.
- Scrapbooking days/nights.
- Painting with Alexis.
- Hangover IHOP.
- Saturday nights with the crew.
It will be different, and I’m going to miss most of these people a lot, but it’s a new adventure for Ben and I, and I’m excited to be taking it with him.
Things I hope to do before leaving Clovis, NM:
- Go to Carlsbad Caverns.
- Go to Red River again.
- Go to the zoo/aquarium in Albuquerque.
Three main things I want to make sure I do before I leave.