Monday, April 5, 2010

Spent Friday having dinner with Chris and Elsa.  It’s nice to be around real people who don’t have hidden agendas.  Sometimes when I’m around certain people here in Clovis, it always seems like they have some other motive for being there.  Anyway, it was fun.

Saturday, I relaxed at the house with Ben and took Otis and Rilo up to the field to play.  Barnes and a new guy came along as well.  There were already a couple people with their dogs up there, but I wasn’t worried because my dogs have played with others quite a bit. 
When we got into the field though, this big pit bull came over to Otis and wasn’t being friendly.  They were barking at one another, and she also snapped at him.  Barnes pulled them apart and the dogs went on their way.  Later on though when Otis walked by, the other dog did it again!  The owner said that the dog had been used as a “bait dog” during dog fighting.  So basically, this dog had been used as training for dogs to kill.  Great.  I don’t want my dog around that!  The dog came over to me and jumped up to be petted.  Otis did not like that and went after her.  They were both biting at one another and Barnes pulled them apart again.  Both dogs nicked his skin a bit.  I left with my dogs, very upset. 
I talked to Daun and Heather about it later, and both of them agreed with me that Otis was just protecting me from the other dog.  My mom said that no dog could come out of a situation like that (being a bait dog), and not have some kind of issues.  I know it wasn’t Otis because he’s played with other pit bulls before and breeds of all kinds.  I think the dog just didn’t like him and Otis was guarding me. 

That night, we went to the karaoke bar and drank and played pool.  It was a lot of fun.  Ben said the only thing that would have made it more fun is if one of our other friends would have come out too.  He wasn’t allowed to though, because his wife doesn’t like me.  I’m honestly not sure why, it just happened one day.  She was all about hanging out with me and then all of a sudden, she changed her mind and hung out with another lady around here who gossiped a lot.  It doesn’t bother me that she doesn’t like me, but to keep your husband away from his friends is a little ridiculous.  I was completely friendly with her and never act as if I don’t like her.  I don’t want to make anyone feel awkward.  Oh well.

Sunday, I spent the day cooking and cleaning in preparation for our Easter dinner.  We had: pot roast with red potatoes, baby carrots, and onions with a side of asparagus and rolls.  For dessert, we had strawberry triffle.  Ben and I invited a few of the single guys to come, knowing that they wouldn’t have an Easter supper.  We had Barnes, VB, and TJ over.  After dinner, a huge group of us went and saw Clash of the Titans.  It was totally not worth the time or money going and seeing itit was terrible.

I’m going to make a list.  This is a list about how you can not be a jerk and make friends easily:
  1. Don’t use things against people. Yeah, stuff happens and you get annoyed, but don’t ever use someone’s personal stuff against them.
  2. Don’t treat your husband/wife like a jerk in front of your friends.  Everyone will just assume that if you treat someone you love like that, you’re going to be a jerk to everyone else.
  3. Don’t hit on someone’s husband or wife.  If it happens, apologize deeply.
  4. Don’t pretend like your kid(s) are the answer to everyone’s prayers.  Usually we love them, but we don’t care about everything your kid does.
  5. If you don’t have a reason to not like someone, let the petty stuff go.  There’s no need for enemies.
  6. If anyone needs help, do what you can to help him/her.  It will come back to you.
That’s all for now, but I think it’s sound advice.  Don’t come crying to me if you ignore it and don’t have any friends.

No comments: