Friday, June 18, 2010

I'm glad I'm not like that.






You would have to visit every place in the entire world to be 100% sure that the place you grew up is the BEST.  I've traveled all over the US and have loved almost all of it!  Boston/Connecticut is beautiful because it has rolling hills, beautiful greenery, and lots of history.  Arkansas is not too bad.  Still green, lots of pretty little towns outside the bigger ones.  Texas has tons of stuff to do and beautiful architecture.  New York is a bustle of busy and there's always something going on.  Lots to see!  Florida has Disney World and lush green grass.  Love their quick thunder storms!  New Mexico has some beautiful mountains and quaint little art towns.

Of course, Missouri is my favorite out of all of them.  My family and friends are here, I grew up here.  I don't love it for what I do here, I love it because of who is here with me.  I love my memories here.  I love going to Broadway Cafe and sitting outside drinking coffee watching the weirdos go by.  I love going to the Plaza and walking around the busy streets.  I love sitting on Chip's porch hanging out with everyone.  I love going to Worlds of Fun.  I love going out to little bars with my friends and having a blast.  I love going ice skating at Christmas time and seeing everything lit up.  I love the snow.  I love it here. 

Despite the fact that I love it, I can still appreciate other places as well.  They'll never be what Missouri is to me. 

ANYWAY.

Mom and I went to Savanahland (yes, it's spelled right...it's named after a monkey) yesterday.  It was AMAZING!  We got to hold a baby Kangaroo named Carmine and a spider monkey named Mamie.  They were really sweet.  Carmine fell asleep while I was holding him, and Mamie was obsessed with my mom.  Wouldn't leave her alone for like 2 hours!  They had all kinds of monkeys, lynxs, hyenas, buffalo, gazelles, deer, warthogs, zebras, kangaroos, and more!  It was great!




No comments: