Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It cracks me up how brave people get when they've got a keyboard in front of them.  Coming up with rude remarks to say to someone they don't even know because there will be no repercussions.  These are the same people who in real life are sad people with no self-identity other than calling themselves _______'s mommy/daddy or _______'s wife/husband.  They are brave because they are faceless.  They are brave because there is no chance that anything they say will ever have any consequences in real life.  It's lame and funny at the same time.

I'm not just a wife.  I am:
1. a teacher
2. a woman
3. a painter
4. a pet lover
5. an adventurer
6. an explorer
7. a lover
8. a dream maker
9. a photographer
10. a fighter
11. a daughter
12. a sister
13. a grandaughter
14. an intelligent member of society
15. an activist
16. a peacemaker
17. a loyal friend
18. a trustworthy opponent
19. a cook
20. a genuine person

I could name a ton, but that should give you an idea that I'm not just one thing, and I'm not going to broadcast myself as ONE thing.  That's silly.  If my husband did that, I would question him as to why he is limiting himself to being just one thing. 

Be creative.

Know that when you say something over the internet, no one is going to respect or love you more.  In fact, I pity people who do so because I KNOW what you're all about. 

I know a lot of people who have been harassed via the internet, and to those harassers, I say, "Go to hell."  You're pitiful pieces of what could have been a real person, but instead of doing good and paying things forward, you look for things and people to put down or bother.  You're like the fat bullies in elementary school who only got away with bullying because you were bigger than everyone, not smarter, not more clever, and certainly not better than ANYONE.  Harassers, you are pathetic.  Stalkers, you are pathetic. 

No comments: