Thursday, August 4, 2011

Today.Was.AWESOME.

Why today was AMAZING:

1. Ben woke me up at 7am to tell me that he had made STAFF SGT!  He worked hard for this, and I'm super proud.  I was extremely exhausted, but peeled myself out of bed while he was moving around the house (after all, he got off work at 2am and was up already...).  I suggested we go out for breakfast, so we headed out for IHOP.  (After my shower, of course.  I went to bed with wet hair and I looked like a mad scientist crossed with this guy:

2. We went to Walmart to get stuff for Ben's favorite meal: lasagna.  Yes, I make if from scratch.  Yes, you can be envious.  So while we were there, I got some good news of my own.  No, I'm sorry, I can't tell you yet.  Soon enough though.  It was enough to send both Ben and I over the edge of happiness!

3. I baked a ton of oatmeal raisin and peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies for Ben to take to work with him.  (PS. he should be home any minute because he only has to work a couple hours tonight!)

4. The nursery furniture arrived today!  The delivery guy was really nice and had a New England accent.  Not thick and obnoxious (like Jersey accents), but subtle and fun.  Reminded me of my sister and my family in CT and MA.  

I WANT TO SET IT UP RIGHT NOW.


So that's about it, but I'm pretty stoked about this entire day.

No comments: