Wednesday, March 3, 2010

How....

How am I expected to keep my mouth shut every single day?

There is a certain person that I work with who drives me absolutely bonkers. She constantly tells me about all of her health problems, and repeats the stories each day. I have heard the same ones countless times, and I just can't take it anymore. She needs to leave my students alone, and stop acting like they need your help. Interrupting them while they're working or telling them what they need to do (even though they already know what to do) is just going to irritate me.
Please discipline your students. You have ZERO control over your class, and it's obvious to everyone in the school. No one wants your class to come around because you have just let them run wild. Why the hell can't you stop bad behaviors? They don't need someone to hold their hand and coddle them, they need you to be firm and show them better behaviors. Stop making up stories about your class, and stop telling people things that never happened. I'm sick and tired of it.

Today I took Otis and Rilo on a walk with Alexis and Rahleigh. There were 2 girls and 3 dogs at the field. I was just going to give up and take them for a walk, but Alexis convinced me to try and see how they'd feel about our dogs running around with their's. I was worried because Otis sometimes acts aggressive toward other dogs when he's on his leash. I didn't want them to think he was a mean dog.
Well, we walked up to the fence, and the girls gave us the go ahead to come on in. I let Otis off the leash, and he went running with a German Shephard and a Pit Bull. Rilo wasn't too fond of the G.S. because she was young and kept putting her paws on her. Eh.
I'm just super happy that Otis hardly growled or barked at all at the other dogs, and that he played so well! It's instances like these that are going to help me remain calm when Otis meets other dogs.
I know he's being protective, but I just want him to be calm.

No comments: