Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saturday


So here's the new bedding. It's silky on top, and has a regular blanket feel underneath. Came with 8 pillow cases, 2 fitted sheets, 2 regular sheets, a bed skirt, comforter, and 4 decorative pillows. Only $160! I'm pretty thrilled. It was one of the last ones we looked at too!

It has been apparent for some time now, but I'm going to address something. Right now, the cool thing to do is to lump all Christians into one group and proclaim that they hate everyone.

What confuses me, is that all of the Christians that I know profess love for their fellow man. There is a disagreement about certain subjects which have turned political like gay marriage, but isn't it a person's right to disagree or agree and speak their mind about it? Isn't it hypocritical for people to preach/scream about tolerance and acceptance and then shun and attack those who don't agree with them?

I have been called all kinds of names because I'm a Christian. Never once have I attacked someone because they don't agree with me. I have, however, voiced my opinion and stood up for my beliefs. I will not let people trample on what I believe in, but I don't attack those that have differing opinions.

Who is right? Who is wrong? I know in my heart what is right, what is true, but I know that I won't convince the other (hostile) side of this.

It pains me to no end to watch the hypocrisy and the violence suffered at the hands of some of these people using (and I quote) "liberal ideals" as an excuse. They want non-violence, acceptance of everyone, and the same rights for everyone...except for Christians or people that don't agree with them. They won't come right out and say that last part, but the behavior expressed is exactly that.

You can't say that you want equality and world peace if you're unwilling to treat a group of people with respect just because they don't agree with you. That's the exact opposite of what you claim to want.

2 comments:

Megan Luvs Penguins said...

oh la la! i loove!

Megan Luvs Penguins said...

Question! Your pictures always disappear on me.
Are you uploading them to a third party (like photobucket) and then tagging them in your profile? When i did that, I had a problem with them showing....

but if you're writing a post in 'COMPOSE' and not "HTML' it'll allow you to directly upload the photo to your log?

Or maybe this has nothing to do with it and my computer is just special! HAHAHA!

-Megs