Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Things that bug me: post #1

1. Texting/talking during a movie.

Here's why you definitely shouldn't do these things. I'll break it down for you.

Texting: Ok, so you go to a movie to catch the story...and not just the audio, but the visual as well. How are you supposed to be seeing everything (that you paid 8-10 bucks for) if you've got your phone in your hand texting someone? Also, the glaring light of your damn phone distracts me (and I paid my 8-10 bucks too), and I'm not even making the dumb choice to text. I'm sure what you're saying to the person isn't important enough to interrupt your movie experience, or for those around you. The person will still be there afterwards. I really hope you're not texting the person next to you, that would just be ridiculous.
Being at your house and doing this is one thing. You are around people that you know, watching the movie is less expensive, and you can always pause and rewind.

Talking: This is what really gets me. I'm 24 years old, and I know ettiquite in public. I know you're supposed to hold the door open for people, give up your seat on the bus to the elderly/pregnant, say "please" and "thank you" and "excuse me"...and I also know that the movie theater is not the place to hold a conversation, nor is it the time to discuss what you're watching/what just happened on screen. Think about it, hold it in your head, and talk about it afterwards. Not only are you missing crucial moments of the movie, you're making me miss them too. When I hear someone talking, I'm filled with a rage that just keeps building the more people talk.
Why repeat what just happened? We all just saw it, so you don't need to mimic the movie. I don't want to know about stuff in your personal life, so leave it at the double doors as you enter in the movie theater.
I actually had to tell 2 adults (old enough to be my parents) off at a movie. I gave them the benefit of the doubt, but after about 10 minutes of them talking about innane bullshit during the movie, Ben and I were done. We got up, and he walked off. Before I left, I turned to them and said, "You two are really old enough to know better than to talk during a movie. Shame on you!"

Anyway, that's something that bugs me, post #1.

No comments: