Sunday, August 22, 2010

Here's Why I'm Mad At Clovis Right Now

My friends just left from their week long visit here in the desolate area of New Mexico that we live in.  Ever since they walked out the door, I have been feeling really nostalgic about home and my friends back there.  The REAL people that I have known for most of my teenage/adult life.  The people that I choose to hang around with regardless of where I am.  The people I text daily/weekly/whenever.  (When I'm home, I don't text a single person back here in Clovis.)
After my friends visit or we go back home to Missouri, I really see just how most of these people I hang out with out here are out of convenience.  I'm sure that's a military thing and everyone gets used to it and what not, but it's really apparent right now.  I can share pretty much anything with my friends, and out here, if you do that...well, it gets turned around on you or rumors start.

I'm not trying to be a downer, and most of the time I try to stay positive and think about the good parts of the friendships I've made out here...but in all actuality, I wouldn't choose to hang out with a lot of the people out here outside of a military setting.
There, I said it.

I wish there was a way I could go back home like 2 weeks before Ben does before we have to leave for Japan.

My cousin-in-law paid for this for her friend's new baby.

No comments: