Monday, August 23, 2010

I'm going to try to be done wallowing in self pity for a bit.

After being super homesick Saturday and yesterday (I cried like 4 times yesterday), I've decided to do a "make Danielle happy" post.

First things first.  I got a new lotion from Bath and Body Works (with a coupon, of course!)
OMG, smells SO good!  Kind of reminds me of an orange dreamsicle!

Secondly, I went to the vet today to fill out some more of the pets' paperwork to send in to Japan and I discovered that to get their kennel cough shots, I would not have to pay an office exam fee, and that that shots were just $7.50!  The woman who helped me fill out the rest today was super nice and I know it was a pain, but she was really helpful.  I'm really thankful for that.  I think it's because I'm so nice every time I go in and I also care a lot about my animals.  (I've also sent like 7 new patients their way)

Thirdly, I am officially all booked up subbing for the rest of the time we're here, minus Wednesdays.  I may have that day off, or I may get called in to sub at another school on those days, who knows.  But seriously, having a job lined up until we leave took about THIS MUCH pressure off of me.  

Fourthly, although I'm still stressing about Japan,  things seem to be falling into place.

Fifthly, I have had 2 hits of interest in my Pontiac that I have for sale. *and one guy actually came out tonight to look at it!*

Sixthly, I have a new True Blood to watch.

Seventhly, my aunt and cousin are at my parents' house.  Yes, she finally had enough, and even if it's just for a couple days, I'm glad she gets a break from the douche.  Hopefully, she stays strong.  No one deserves the treatment he is giving her and I'm glad my mom is there to be her backbone.

Eighthly, I got to talk to Mary last night and she made me feel oodles better about being homesick.  I was crying to her and I hate doing that, but she listened and helped me just calm down.

Feeling a lot better today, but I still miss home.


No comments: